Kolaveri di singer Dhanush faces a monetary loss!


It was not less than a surprise for the composers of Kolaveri di, when the song turned to be a rage among all.

Kolaveri di became an anthem for all music lovers and it even succeeded in winning the appreciation from the biggies of town. The song which has proved it to be a benchmark in the year 2011 unfortunately has done no good to the man behind its existence, Dhanush.

Sources reveal that the singer hasn’t been able to receive any monetary benefit from the same.Rumor has it that Dhanush sold the rights for Kolaveri to Sony Music for a meager amount, unbeknownst of the fact as to how far the song was destined to go.

But now when the song is crossing boundaries and is being dubbed in various versions, Dhanush and his family members are sad over the inadequate amount he has earned out of it. As per Dhanush, "I can't release any version of Kolaveri without Sony's approval. And I'll have to share every version of the song with them. So essentially I'll get paid only for my singing. Like the Tamil version, the Hindi version of Kolaveri is with Sony Music. There's nothing I can do about it”.

When asked as to why he didn’t retain the rights of the song, the star singer replied, "Who knew the song would go so far? But it's okay. I don't regret it. I am content with what I've got from this song. And what I've got is priceless”.

This is really sad on his part. But we do hope that Dhanush achieves milestones in his career!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
RaiBollywood © 2010 | Contact Us Powered by Blogger